The majority of students consider studying an exhausting task. It is because they study by reading their notes and textbooks over and over for a longer period of time. But studying is not about sitting with your textbooks and notes for hours and reading the same thing repeatedly. As suggested by Hallmark Public School, one of the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, a student who does this will only feel exhausted and stressed, with no progress. Simply put, it’s a waste of both time and energy. So, rather than studying longer and harder, it is always better to study smarter by determining the most effective method for you.
Tips on how to study smarter:
- Write It Down: Making a mental note of key points improves memory retention and comprehension. The act of writing helps students think about what they are writing down by activating more brain regions.
- Use the Mnemonics Technique: Mnemonics is a memory technique that helps retain and recall information easily by associating new information with rhymes or rhythms. It is a visual memory enhancement strategy that employs both visual and auditory cues to assist the brain in encoding information.
- Avoid Multi-Tasking: Contrary to traditional belief, multi-tasking does not improve the efficiency of a student’s ability to study effectively. According to recent research, multi-tasking has a negative effect on the study habits of students. Simply put, it is better to focus on one subject or task at a time. For instance, using a smartphone for social media or responding to texts during study can reduce a student’s efficiency.
- Testing Yourself: You can test your efficiency by allowing yourself to get a better understanding of the lesson. It will help you get a better understanding of the subject or lesson. To do it, you can take a practise quiz by yourself.
- Read aloud: Reading aloud assists the brain in storing information in long-term memory. It is because louder reading involves the dual act of speaking and hearing, making a word or statement more distinct in long-term memory.
It is now up to you to decide which tips to implement in order to change your study strategy. Hallmark Public School, the top CBSE school in Panchkula, recommends that what may seem compatible for you may not be suitable for others. Today, with the exams getting tricky, it is necessary to study smarter by looking for ways that suit your needs.