The term “competition” is no doubt confusing. Some people think that competition is good, but again some people just dislike it. Some parents think that competition can help their children improve; again to some parents, it is nothing more than putting too much pressure on the child.
Hallmark Public School, one of the best CBSE schools in Panchkula is here to help you solve the dilemma of whether competition is good for your child or not. Hallmark Public School always promotes healthy competition, which is not only about winning or losing, but all putting their best efforts for good work.
Tips to Encourage Healthy Competition in Kids:
- Don’t Focus on Winning: Help your child to understand that not everyone can win every competition. The most important thing is to focus on the event rather than the outcome. Help your child get something valuable out of the activity he/she is participating in.
- Let Your Child Learn from Failure: Children should always be encouraged to look back and focus on what they did wrong. Thus you can teach your child valuable lessons from their mistakes. So, make sure other than emphasizing the failure of your child, you must help your child learn from their mistakes.
- Teach Your Child Teamwork: You must encourage your child to participate in activities together no matter whether your child is an expert in this field or not. Because, every new situation, people, and environment will help your child to interact with others and develop their social skills. Through such competitions, kids will learn how to share and take turns.
- Motivate Your Child to Try their Best: Children with a healthy sense of competition learn that they should give their best and should try to give their all to everything they do.
- Find a Balance: Winning is not everything. Though sometimes trying to win is not bad still but make sure you are not adding pressure that will make your child feel like they are under too much pressure. Part of having a healthy sense of competition is all about helping your child understand that you are not going to be good at everything and that is okay.
Hallmark Public School, being the best CBSE school Panchkula always focuses on helping the students strive for their personal best. They also provide the best guide suggestion to the parents so that they can cultivate a healthy sense of competition in their child.