It is a dream for every parent to make their child capable enough so that they can acquire great skills. One of such important skills that you should teach your child is to speak fluently and confidently. It is because speaking confidently with grace is always a plus for students today. Again these are the skills that can be acquired from a very early age at home with proper guidance and perseverance.
Hallmark Public School, the best CBSE school in Panchkula always provides its best effort to help the students improve their speaking skills so that they can make their presence a little bit stronger.
Tips to Make Your Child a Confident Speaker:
Speaking skill is a combination of public speaking and communication skills. Now, look at some tips to help your child speak fluently and develop good communication skills.
- Listen Carefully & Talk to Your Child: Listening to your child, and talking to them can help you know their idea. It will help you to correct them, whether they are facing problems with their vocabulary, choosing words, or even their way of speaking. You can repeat it until they learn.
- Make their Videos: When your child is singing or speaking, make their videos. It will make your child more focused on what he/she is doing. Your child will feel like he/she is in front of an audience. If you help your child practice this regularly, it will make them do it well and also give them ‘camera confidence.’
- Ask General Questions: Make it a habit of asking your child about their routine, and their day-to-day activities. Ask them how was their day, what makes them worry today and other open-ended questions. It will help them to express themselves.
- Boost Confidence: Naturally, your child will make mistakes while speaking. But it is not good to always focus on their mistakes. Instead, what you can do is politely correct them by repeating the thing by yourself. It will help them boost their confidence level. Never miss any scope to appreciate your child for giving their best effort.
- Encourage Independent Talks: Many parents make the common mistake that they answer the question when someone asks anything to their child. Instead, parents should encourage their children to speak for themselves when someone asks any question.
Hallmark Public School, one of the top CBSE schools in Panchkula, tries its best to give students quality education and focus on developing their moral and social skills.